Sunday, May 31, 2009

Friday

HOLLYWOOD (Calif.) -- I finally met some famous people. We saw Batman, the Joker, like three Spidermans, Freddy Kruger and Jason tried to machete me. Good thing it wasn't Friday the 13th.

I'm talking, of course, about the (in)famous Hollywood Boulevard Walk of Fame. We rode the L.A. Metro to get there. Yes, L.A. has a subway system. And then we decided to hoof it over to West Hollywood.

We stumbled across L.A. Ink on La Brea Avenue--Kat Von D.'s tattoo shop and TLC show. No Kat, but Corey Miller was working the needle while TLC filmed an episode. Sorry, no parlor pics here; TLC wouldn't allow photography while they were filming. I was tempted to get tatted, but the wait might have ate up my last L.A. day. So we moved on.

The classy blues/rock bar Baby Blue's BBQ on Santa Monica Boulevard offered happy hour from 1 p.m. - 8 p.m. $3 premium drafts for seven hours? Yes please. We didn't stay that long, but I did get flipped off by Johnny Cash (left). I too have been everywhere, John.

We're keeping it low key in L.A. tonight. I have to fly out of LAX early in the a.m.


share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment