Thursday, May 28, 2009

L.A. day: 2-3

BURBANK (Calif.) -- L.A. traffic is ANNOYING. We haven't done much yet because it takes FOR-EV-ERR to get places.

We went to Universal City (the Universal Studios complex in the middle of Burbank) to see a movie. I don't recommend this theater; you have to pay for parking.

The whole complex reeks of capitalism. I couldn't walk five feet in any direction without spending money somewhere. And when I tried to leave, I ran into King Kong.

We hopped on the 405 down to Santa Monica today to visit my buddy Bill. He's working on a few writing projects, but that's all I can say about that. I don't want to leak his ideas to anybody out there. I'm pretty sure that's how Paul Blart: Mall Cop and Observe and Report (two movies about mall security) came out at the same time.

Tomorrow's my last day in L.A. I just want to see one famous person. Ideally, I run into Conan O'Brien before he takes The Tonight Show throne or [insert hot actress here], but I'll settle for like the "O" face guy from Office Space.


share on: facebook

2 comments:

  1. There is a Boston Irish Bar in Santa Monica if you want to pretend you are back home for a drink, LOL. Go here: www.sonnymcleans.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My buddy actually took me there. It definitely had that Boston dive feel. And thanx for hookin us up with Penny. She was a good host.

    ReplyDelete