Wednesday, May 27, 2009

L.A. day: 1

LOS ANGELES (Calif.) -- We made it. My first order of business: get some In-N-Out Burger.

Katie's place is on Barham Boulevard in Burbank. I found an In-N-Out Burger on the nearby Cahuenga Boulevard (L.A. loves boulevards).

The name itself is a bit ironic. When comparing to Burger King or McDonald's, I most certainly wasn't "in and out." But the food was worth the wait.

First of all, they use fresh potatoes to make the fries. I saw one guy boiling a bunch of peeled potatoes to be diced into delicious french fries.

The burger tasted good. I'm not going to sit here and say it was the best I've ever had. It wasn't. But I could tell they used fresh ingredients (as with the fries). The meat was cooked to order (not prepackaged). And they used some kind of special sauce to zest things up a bit.

Aside from the shakes, I've mentioned everything on the In-N-Out menu. They've focused their efforts on mastering one meal: burgers and fries.

But that's good. And I'm confident that when I get another burger here, it'll be as simple as in and out.


share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment