Sunday, May 31, 2009

Thank YOU

A lot of people made this road trip possible. And I think some thanks are in order:

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Knox, you were a gracious host and an unorthodox tour guide. Thanks for letting us stay in your apartment. I will never look at D.C. the same way.

Celeste, thank you for showing us the sites. We'll have to squeeze T.J. in next time. Who knew you could eat a delicious meal in a bookstore (I think it was raining). If you're reading this, then you already know: when I come down again, I'll be at the Channel Inn.

SHERIDAN (Ark.) -- I want to thank the Shannons (Arkansas chapter)--Joe, Linda and Jim (left)--for your hospitality in the South. Jim, you know your Ark. I think you'd make a good firefighter. And say "Hi" to Chuck for me.

MESA (Ariz.) -- Thank you, Penny, for opening your house to two people you've never met before. Granted we had a good reference, but it takes a little extra to be that nice to perfect strangers.

GRAND CANYON (Ariz.) -- Tow Truck Driver Joe, you are a lifesaver. Your expertise got me out of a bind.

TORRANCE (Calif.) -- Jon, thanks for showing us Hermosa Beach. I hope that gigantic Aerobed in front of the door didn't make you late for work, getting around that monstrosity the next morning.

SANTA MONICA (Calif.) -- Bill, thanks for buying some time away from work. It was good to catch up. I don't want to jinx any of your projects, but you seem to know your script.

CROSSCOUNTRY -- We couldn't have done it without you, Suzy Subaru. You didn't breakdown once or get a flat. And don't worry, I won't call you Suze.

Will.i.Phone, you were a trusted friend and confidant in many questionable situations.

And, Katie. I think we made a good team. You are a talented filmmaker and I know you'll claim your stake in L.A. or wherever you see fit. And remember: we'll always have TuCKson.


(Please note the gypsy bartender we met in Little Rock, who snuck into the upper left corner of this picture. He was a sly one.)


share on: facebook

2 comments:

  1. I was a proud follower of this blog and I am a bit sad it's over. It was very entertaining. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. I liked all your comments.

    ReplyDelete